Lefties have been taunting anti-migrant candidates like Trump. “What are you going to do,” they sneer, “go from house to house looking for migrants and force them across the border when you find them?”
Trump, being Trump, fell into their trap and said, yes, I will have a deportation force, etc., etc., etc.
This is unacceptably expensive, foolish, and nasty. Worse, it is unnecessary. Here is how to deal with the illegal migrants.
1) Cut off all federally funded benefits.
2) Enforce E-verify and significantly increase penalties for non-compliance.
3) Withdraw all federal funds from sanctuary cities or states. Prosecute for non-compliance with federal law.
4) Withdraw all federal funds from states which continue to provide benefits to illegals (this includes allowing them driver’s licenses).
5) Provide transportation and a per diem allowance back to country of origin.
6) Provide medical and educational and welfare benefits to American children of illegals only on the parents’ registering themselves as illegals.
7) Return the citizenship clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to it’s original intent (namely as providing citizenship for the children of slaves).
8) Deport any and all illegals caught on entry with expedited procedures.
9) Establish a federal court for illegals charged with crime.
In Field of Dreams, Kevin Costner famously hears a voice which whispers to him: If you build it, they will come. Well, I don’t know if that’s true, but where income and benefits are concerned, If you take them away, they (the illegals) will leave, is a very good bet.